Date : Wednesday, 25th September 2019 Time : 16:00
Venue : Online
Electric machines are being used in more and novel applications throughout the world, driven by the need for greater power efficiency and higher power density in the transportation, aerospace and defense, and industrial automation markets.
Electric machine designers are exploring design alternatives to reduce cost, optimize designs and deliver them quickly to market.
In this webinar, the electromagnetic simulation of electric machines using ANSYS Maxwell will be demonstrated, with a focus on the following topics:
- A demagnetization study of a permanent magnet motor including advanced electromagnetic loss calculations
- Optimization of electric machine performance
- Magnetostriction effects in electric machines
Simulation workflows for creating accurate electric machine reduced-order models (ROMs) will also be covered, including:
- Generation of an electromagnetic ROM of a permanent magnet machine
- Generation of a thermal ROM of a permanent magnet machine
- Vector control of a PM machine