As fully autonomous vehicles edge closer to real-world deployment – operating safety becomes more vital. AVs require rigorous testing in intricate environments, under variable conditions. Physical testing would require billions of miles of driving or flying — a time-consuming, cost-prohibitive and nearly impossible approach. Using simulation to virtually test AVs is the only feasible option for validating system safety and accelerating AV development.
ANSYS 2019 R3 continues to deliver next generation pervasive engineering simulation solutions for AV’s with the introduction of ANSYS SCADE Vision. Customers can now evaluate the safety of embedded perception systems and to ensure AV sensors are free from detection defects.
The latest addition strengthens our autonomous vehicles solution. ANSYS Autonomy, which enables end-to-end simulation. ANSYS Autonomy empowers engineers to perform closed-loop simulation, embedded software development, functional safety and cyber security analysis, sensor simulation and human-machine interfaces.
Amongst the several enhancements to the portfolio, ANSYS 2019 R3 also includes the SPEOS Road Library for Sensors Simulation. A comprehensive, retro-reflecting materials database, as well as updates to ANSYS HFSS SBR+ that provide greater accuracy in predicting radar cross section of large targets with curvatures.
ANSYS 2019 R3 also includes:
ANSYS Discovery Live presents the first ever, interactive topology optimization tool for generative design, as well as new simulation functionality, including mass flow outlets and time varying inputs for transient studies. With these enhancements, you can easily evaluate a broad spectrum of product behaviours and uncover optimal design solutions in record time.
Additions to ANSYS Discovery SpaceClaim include automatic surface reconstruction from faceted geometry, such as STL. This process converts triangle-based models into smooth watertight CAD models for reverse engineering and generative design workflows. Visualization improvements produce higher-quality renderings for an enhanced user experience.
In ANSYS Discovery AIM, you will now find support for structural beams, physics-aware meshing enhancements and linear buckling capabilities. This release offers more proven, easy-to-use functionality, from mesh failure visualization to structural stability evaluation more than ever before.
ANSYS Additive Prep has a new build processor: You can now export a build file directly to an additive manufacturing (AM) machine.
ANSYS Workbench Additive enables switching between the STL supports, meshes and element densities. It includes an option (in the AM process sequencer) for removing the STL supports after cooldown.
ANSYS Additive Print offers new support related features:
- The support-only cut off feature helps you cut the support from the part — without separating the part from the baseplate under the displacement.
- The support groups feature accounts for multiple support types (volume-less, solid) in a single simulation.
ANSYS 2019 R3 delivers electromagnetic field simulation solutions to aid our customer’s pursuit of the engineering megatrends of autonomy, 5G connectivity and electrification, including:
- ANSYS HFSS receives significant upgrade in distributed memory solver speed.
- ANSYS HFSS and ANSYS HFSS SBR+ include new capabilities for modeling and post-processing complex radar cross section scenarios required for autonomous system simulation.
- Creeping wave physics has been added to ANSYS HFSS SBR+, a significant new capability to accurately predict radar cross section of large targets with curvatures.
- Dramatic speed improvements for simulating IC packages and PCB’s with the HFSS regions in SIwave hybrid solution. HFSS regions can now be distributed across compute resources and solved in parallel.
In ANSYS 2019 R3, the capabilities of the embedded software family have been enhanced and extended to help you drive your initiatives around autonomous vehicles.
ANSYS solutions address all key elements of autonomous vehicles: sensors, human-machine interfaces, automated driving software, control software, computing platform and vehicle platform. In addition to existing solutions, this release introduces a brand-new product dedicated to testing and safety of AI-based AV embedded perception software: ANSYS SCADE Vision.
SCADE Vision speeds the discovery of weaknesses in your AV embedded perception software, while radically reducing costs of testing and safety verification, making every mile count, and deriving maximum value from your AV data.
ANSYS SCADE enhances important features required for developing the most advanced automotive systems and the embedded software that controls those systems, including AV. The unique combination of a complete and efficient AUTOSAR SWC flow with SCADE and the ability to seamlessly import large Simulink® models enables you to re-use the legacy models produced by system engineering teams. With SCADE, you benefit from the unmatched, highest-quality ISO 26262 certified code generation toolchain.
This release advances the new ANSYS Fluent user experience. For example, you can now use Mosaic-enabled meshes to run parametric studies in ANSYS Workbench and apply fault-tolerant meshes to support nonconformal interfaces when simulating conjugate heat transfer. Plus, the Fluent expression language capability is newly available for use with parameters, reports and monitors.
Numerous other important updates and additions augment your computational fluid dynamics (CFD) analyses over a broader range of applications:
- An automated workflow accelerates the Fluent adjoint solver and generates an organic, optimal shape for multiple objectives and operating conditions.
- Fluent more quickly and easily evaluates complex reduced-order models (ROMs) for improved design exploration.
- ANSYS Forte can be combined with Fluent or ANSYS Mechanical for more accurate, conjugate heat transfer analysis.
This release introduces ANSYS GRANTA Selector. Based on 25 years of materials selection technology embodied in the earlier CES Selector products, the new Selector offers a refreshed look, great new features and integration with ANSYS products. It assists smart materials choices through a comprehensive materials data library and a series of tools for filtering, analysing and applying the data. It provides optimized data for comparisons, equivalency studies and selection of metal grades, improved support for simulation and an enhanced user experience.
ANSYS GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation is now accessible through ANSYS Electronics Desktop for electromagnetics simulation. With 700-plus records across many important materials classes, the materials database minimizes data search and conversion time. The same enlarged dataset is available in ANSYS Mechanical.
This release further integrates optical simulation into the ANSYS environment. ANSYS SPEOS now includes meshed geometry support which enables mesh data import from the multiphysics workflow and head-up display (HUD) optical design, which generates the optimal layout and shapes for the best driver experience.
The SPEOS Live Preview offers more flexibility and ease of use. With one click, you can switch between true and false colour, adjust the scale adaptation to fit with the results preview, select the sensor type for preview and much more.
Also added is the SPEOS Road Library for Sensors Simulation. It contains retro-reflecting materials, asphalt, signs, paint, vegetation, etc. which can be detected by any sensor.
The release introduces new ambient and thermal source models for more realistic simulations of sky and sun environments. Plus, with a new feature for simulating rotating lidar, SPEOS facilitates quick field-of-view studies.
SPEOS also delivers a more intuitive interface for an improved user experience.
Innovations to ANSYS structural solutions in ANSYS 2019 R3 enable you to:
- Study large assembly models with millions of design points with ANSYS Motion, an advanced multibody dynamic solver now integrated into ANSYS Mechanical.
- Quickly and precisely predict product failure early in the design stage for electronic hardware at the component, board and system levels with the addition of ANSYS Sherlock.
- Translate electronic computer-aided design (ECAD) models into finite element analysis (FEA) geometries in minutes and build on FEA information to predict time to failure.
- Evaluate operating systems with distributed compute services (DCS) — a new family of applications to distribute, manage, solve and optimize design challenges on a variety of compute resources.
- Simulate tightly coupled thermal and structural field analysis with two new streamlined workflows in Mechanical. Easily capture the interaction of thermal and structural loads with static and transient simulations.
- Perform inverse analyses with Mechanical. The inverse solver can determine the shape of a model prior to extreme loads and deformation, sometimes referred to as “hot-to-cold” analysis.
- Benefit from 120 additional materials within Mechanical from the ANSYS GRANTA Materials Data for Simulation database, including electromagnetic properties data where appropriate.
ANSYS 2019 R3 updates make it quicker and easier for you to build, validate and deploy simulation-based digital twins for predictive maintenance in ANSYS Twin Builder to optimize your product’s operation and extends its lifetime. Electrification-specific enhancements to Twin Builder enable you to better simulate battery management systems and deploy digital twins for other electrification applications. Additional advances in this release include Modelica enhancements, new reduced-order model (ROM) capabilities and an improved electronics control module (ECM) toolkit.
ANSYS medini analyse extends its functional safety analysis expertise beyond automotive and aerospace to industrial equipment requiring IEC 61508 standardization. It includes consistent safety integrity level (SIL) management covering process hazard analysis (PHA), systems requirements and system design. Failure modes, effects and diagnostic analysis (FMEDA) with safe failure fraction (SFF) and diagnostic coverage (DC) computations are also covered.
This release includes innovative sensor and sound simulations in ANSYS VRXPERIENCE as well as new capabilities in virtual reality, providing a software-in-the-loop connector from the HMI. VRXPERIENCE now includes multi-bounce ray casting in the ideal ground-truth sensor; flashing and rotating models of physics-based lidar; and a dynamic live preview enabling geometry movement during SPEOS Live Preview. ANSYS SCADE Suite and SCADE Display integration makes it easy to interact with your embedded software in VR.
Please contact us for more information.