Composite materials are created by combining two or more layered materials, each with different properties, to create lightweight, high-performance products. To predict how well the finished product will perform under real-world working conditions, engineers must consider stresses and deformations, as well as a range of failure criteria. The numerous layers, materials, thicknesses and orientations of layered composite structures make this a challenging task.
Attend this webinar to learn how to design and analyse composite structures with ANSYS Composite PrepPost.
Areas we will be covering are:
- Composite materials and their challenges for numerical modelling
- Defining the elastic properties of composite materials
- Using ANSYS ACP to build-up multi-layered composite structures
- Draping analysis to evaluate wrinkling and distortion of fibre orientations
- Failure criteria for composite structures
- Parameterisation of composite designs in ANSYS Workbench
- Advanced modelling techniques (progressive damage modelling and delamination)
View a full overview of the ANSYS Composites PrepPost software.
Watch more videos on our YouTube channel.
For more information about ANSYS Composite PrepPost and what it can do to for you, call +353 (0)16 763 765 (Ireland) or +44 (0)844 212 5900 (UK)